Sunday, 9 June 2013

Sunny Sunday

Hello on this sunny Sunday (: I haven't updated for a while so I would love to share with you all what I have been up to.

I have been working on my woodland sampler - I am so excited to have been doing this for 6 months.  I cannot wait until it is done it will look beautiful.  The girls at the frosted pumpkin are so talented, I love all their work so much.  I found them last year and I have to say they have definitely reawakened my love of cross stitch.


woodland sampler

I was super speedy this month and had June finished on the 2nd! I am usually a very slow stitcher but I was so excited I couldn't put it down.

Last weekend my mother in law very generously gave me some wool for my stash and with lots of babies on the way this year (3 so far) I have an ever growing list of  baby items in my knit/crochet pile so this was very well received.  I have cast on a few thing in particular the Puerperium Cardigan which is a new favourite of mine.  


handknit cardigan
This pattern is so quick and easy I am on my second so far.  I have downloaded the next size as well so I am looking forward to making a few of these.

I have also started a couple of crochet blankets which are always a favourite of mine, they are granny squares which mean lots of ends to sew in - not my favourite...

crochet blanket
baby blanket

I have also made a few knitted dishcloths, I have always thought about making them and I am happy to say they are deliciously addictive! I had some scraps of yarn that nobody wanted and thought - yes dishcloths I would certainly be making some more.  The stitch pattern is hard to see as I used dark yarn but they are very pretty.

knitted dishcloths

Hope you are all having a great weekend so far.

1 comment :

  1. aw that sampler is so cute - it's coming along v.nicely indeed! X

    ReplyDelete