Pages

Friday 3 May 2013

Day 3: Uncomfortable

Day 3, Friday: Things that make you uncomfortable


source
 This prompt opened up a whole wave of thinking but mostly what makes me uncomfortable is confrontation.  Anger usually manifests from fear or frustration but when someone is angry and is shouting acting in a confrontational manner it really makes me feel quite horrible.  The funny this is I am very calm in the face of such behaviour and my face may give a few signs that I am uncomfortable but I usually stay silent until the person has stopped.

Sadly working with the public means I deal with confrontation fairly often, and being a calm person means I am usually 'sent' to deal with people but afterwards my insides feel awful.  I am very sensitive and find it hard not to take confrontation personally, but I usually make a cup of tea and sit down with the person (if I can) and try to resolve things my way.... calmly.



3 comments :

  1. Hi Carly, I not great with confrontation at all, I can't do it so I don't envy you. P.S the pic of your cat at the top of your post looks like mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww bless I have a strange affinity for ginger cats <3 even tho mine is v naughty!

      Delete
  2. Team UN-Confrontational for the win :) Thats mine too.

    ReplyDelete