Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Day 15: A Day in the life

Day 15: A Day in the life 

I have two different types of day: My work day and my home day.
Collage
Work day
A 'typical' work day starts at 5am when my alarm goes off (yuck)
I catch the commuter coach from the end of my road at 05:50 arriving in London at 07:00 depending on traffic.
I like to use this downtime to snooze, read, and browse my phone.
I then catch the tube & bus across London to my hospital, I arrive typically between 08:00-08:15

Work consists of an outpatient clinic until midday, so it's a busy few hours, then I eat, and work on the admin for the rest of the day.  This is chasing up patient's who didn't come to their appointment, reporting on test results, etc etc.

I leave my work between 16:00-16:30 then I catch the bus & tube then the commuter coach home.  Depending on the traffic I arrive home at 18:00-18:45

I feed my animals, switch my laptop on and make a well deserved cup of tea.

I make dinner and lunch for the next day if I am working. Mark usually arrives home at 19:30 so we talk/watch bad TV for an hour or so then I love to soak in a hot bath and be in bed by 21:00 if I have work the next day.

If I am off work I usually wake around 08:00-08:30
collage
Home day
I feed my house bunny then I make a cup of tea, and have breakfast.
I have a bath and then I waste an hour or so online I like to meal plan as well on a Monday.
On a Monday I like to go swimming for an hour and go shopping for the weekly supplies.

I always have a hot lunch at home, usually leftovers and browse the Internet some more.
In the afternoon I like to craft so usually knitting, sewing or scrapping.

Mark arrives home at 19:30 so I have his dinner prepared, then we watch TV together for a bit then I go to bed around 22:00.  I am quite naughty and I love to browse instagram in bed!

I love reading about people's schedules so this has been a really great post to focus on.




1 comment :

  1. That is such a long working day for you. You do so well to get up at 5am for your commute. I would be fast asleep on the way home if it was me.

    Have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete