Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Blog everyday in May - Can I do it :)

I love blogs that focus on stories, I guess being a people person makes me drawn to words.  I love to share stories on my blog but I sometimes talk myself out of it :) I read Jenni's fab idea to "Blog everyday in May" so I decided to 'go for it' so this month I pleadge to blog everyday (Thank goodness for scheduling)

So here we go my life in 250 words ha!
Me as a trendy baby
Me as a trendy baby (!)


I was born in Kent in 1978.  I love being in my thirties but at times I catch my breath when I think I am ‘that old’.  I lived with my mum and my Nan for the first 5 years of my life and that is definitely where my love of art and crafts began, as my Nan was so creative.  My earliest memories are of reading and knitting by her side.  I am definitely an extrovert when you meet me as I can hold my own in a conversation but deep down I am very introverted and crave alone time.

I met my husband while working in my first ‘real job’ in 2003 which makes me giggle as we have been together for ten years this year…. I never ever thought I would be one of those people who found their love so young!
There have been many highs and lows life never turns out the way you plan but we married in May 2012 and I can honestly say we are very, very happy together.

In 2007 I decided to change my career path and went back to University to study midwifery.  I can honestly say this was the hardest and best thing I ever did as I now work in a profession I love.  Sadly 2013 has been about health issues and dealing with pain but I stay positive as much as I can.

I fill my life with simplicity, positivity, crafts, smiles, people and of course bunnies.


Blog everyday in May

This post is part of the Blog Every Day in May challenge with a daily prompt and link up :)

8 comments :

  1. that is a very cute pic of you and your pram :)
    good for you for doing one of these challenges. I've thought about taking one up but already know I couldn't stick to it. Looking forward to reading the next!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie you have far more exciting things to plan like a wedding!! How is it going?

      Delete
  2. Hi Carly
    Such a cute picture! I know what you mean about being in your thirties. It was my fortieth last year and I still find it a difficult pill to swallow! I'm looking forward to reading your next post.

    Enjoy the rest of your day
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it's hard when our mind is in our youth!

      Delete
  3. I am SO terrified to do this challenge too, but I'm really trying!! Ironically, I always thought I'd be one of those ladies to find love young. My mom was married at 19, and my sister at 21. But now that I'm almost 22, I just keep feeling it coming later in life! So happy I found you through the fun challenge! I'll try to keep up with you throughout the month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the challenge I love the prompts - it's hard to put yourself out there though isn't it?! I will be reading as many people as I can :)

      Delete
  4. hi carly. loved reading your day 1 post, you sound very similar to me in a lot of ways (age, creative, mature student and getting married in 2012 after being together so long.) ill try to pop back again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that is lovely to hear I am going to try and read as many posts as I can :)

      Delete